How to Get the Best Curls
To have healthy shiney bouncy curls, follow these simple tips:
- Sleep with a satin pillow case: Less friction is better! Cotton will remove or absorb moisture FROM your hair. Curls need moisture. Or Pineapple. Ask you cocos stylist how to dry diffuse to refresh curls.
- Wash less! But dont forget to keep your scalp clean! Ask your cocos stylist how to cleanse while keeping curls hydrated. Remember: Its the water your locks need. So it starts with Water and It should end with Water!!!
- Trim! (dust) bimonthly. Every 3 months if your growing length. This is the max amount of time to wait. If you wait any longer you risk splits to deep to save. Especially if you color! Color is Good. Just respect and know your limitations with it.
- Moisturize more. Frizz is a curl waiting to happen! (Lorainne Massey) Always just before you towel blott... do a soft rinse of Water.
- Do a dry shampoo. Apply cleanser to dry curls and scalp, massage in, then add water to rinse. This will remove buildup.
Then, follow This: Add Conditioner, finger or comb it through. Rinse. add your favorite curl cream or curl gel to drenched locs, finger comb through, drizzle MORE Water!! Squish handfulls of curls in an upward motion. Towel blott. Clip, and airbake or diffuse. Shake.
Ask For CURLYLIGHTS your LOCKS will pop with some brightness and color. We will analyse your curls to determine the right process for you. We will follow with the perscribed treatment to close down the cuticle to ensure nourishment and moisture.
Did You Know?
Curls are happiest when the scalp is clean and healthy, the right amount of moisture is applied, and when the correct balance of that moisture along with the right amount of protein has been achieved midshaft to ends. This is an ongoing balance of power between moisture and protein for the hairs attention! This is why every curly girl knows her hair and what works! So switch it up! Start with a clean slate once in a month. Deep treat once in a while (5 TO 8 MIRACLE MASK). Check out our UTILITY BEAUTY page for different Beauty Basics and Bend Me Curl Stylers according to what your hair needs or wants.